Lunes, Pebrero 6, 2012

BUGOY'S PICKS ep2: Aston's Express

For those who know me, they know that I'm a "meat-man". That's right, this guy right here loves his meat! I seldom take desserts unlike Gee, I always prefer the taste of meat in my mouth than the taste of any sweets right after a meal. Sounds disgusting right? but hell it's just me.

Anyways, while we were out hunting for a new house in Clementi area, we saw this Steak house right smack in the middle of a hawker center along block 331. The signage got me and it seemed like a real-deal steak house. Usually, steak places in hawker areas SUCK. as in big time SUCK. Hawker cooks don't know how to cook meat, even if you tell them "medium-well", your steak would always come "well-done". So I was intrigued by this steak house with a very nifty signage and told Gee that we'll try it on the weekend.

The name: ASTON'S express



Based on my research, Aston's is a steak house that is situated in Catahy mall in Orchard, recently they branched out to the budget crowd to cater to more people and opened up satellite branches in hawker areas named "Aston's Express".



So for our sunday lunch, we went down to Aston's to try out the food.

If you're a steak lover then Aston's got you covered, their menu boasts of lots of steak options.

We ordered the Sirloin steak which goes for 11 SGD, the Honey Bourbon Ribs for 13 SGD, and the Spicy Seafood Marinara which goes for 8 SGD. Each meal comes with 2 sides for your choosing.



The food is excellent! You will be surprised on the quality of the food that they provide even if it's situated in a hawker area.

1st dish, the Sirloin steak!



I had my Sirloin steak done "medium-well" and indeed, these guys know how to cook steak! Now that's Medium-well!



The honey bourbon ribs are awesome and HUGE! The sauce is just right the right amount of sweetness and goes well with the huge slab of ribs! definitely bang for the buck!



And lastly the seafood marinara. The thing that first gotme was the serving size, for 8 SGD, the serving side is huge! it could feed 2-3 persons. But the finisher here is the taste! The tomato sauce is just enough for the whole servings, the seafood was plenty! And the spice was just right, not too spicy for people who does not like spicy food.



Over-all the experience was great! Now I have a place to go to when I need my meat fix.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento