Linggo, Enero 29, 2012

BUGOY'S PICKS ep1: Nakhon Kitchen

Here's the thing, as most of you might have noticed, the Binangonan Kid is back on the blogging circuit, it's been a while though since I've done this thing again so bear with me! hehe Anyways, since I'm on a roll nowadays with writing then I'll start a new theme with my blog. From this entry onwards, I will be blogging all the good-ass restos/ hole in the walls that me and gee might stumble upon. So ladies and gentlemen, here is the maiden entry for BUGOY'S PICKS!


When: Jan. 29, 2012.

One lazy sunday afternoon, me and gee went down to Bedok to pick up some stuff. As we were looking for a nice place to have lunch, Gee remembered a Thai restaurant that she has eaten at once and wanted me to try. So off we go searching for this "Authentic" Thai restaurant that is surprisingly located at one of the HDB's in Bedok. After a few minutes of walking under the midday heat, lo and behold, we found our destination: NAKHON KITCHEN.



This place is situated on the first floor of Blk 136 in Bedok, you could have mistaken this as a hawker spot but yes my friends, It is a restaurant.

Prices are pretty much affordable, just like eating at a hawker, but the quality of the food is far from hawker standards.


We ordered 3 dishes,
The Pad thai:

 Pandan leaves Chicken

Red Fish in Thai Sauce

Thai Iced Tea



One thing that I notice about Thai food is that their food is very fragrant and aromatic. Thai food has this distinct smell and flavors that can only be found in Thai food, mainly I think because of the heavy usage of Lemon grass in their recipes.

I'm not an expert on the technicalities of food ingredients, cooking etc, So I'll be straight about this, the food was AWESOME! The Pandan chicken was delicious, the Red fish in Thai Sauce was well cooked and the sauce was great, the Pad Thai... The Pad thai... let me say that again.. Tha Pad Thai... was the best Pad Thai that I have tasted so far! And lastly the Thai Iced tea was a good follow up for all the flavors that are mashed up.

The AFTERMATH!


So if you are around the Bedok Area, or you're a foreigner on vacation wanting to try good food in Singapore, Hit up Blk 136 in Bedok and look for this nifty hole in the wall. Every dollar is worth it!




SARAP SIR!

2 komento: